Saturday, 9 January 2016

Benefit 12 days of Christmas Calendar

Hey Everyone, 

This is my first post of 2016, so HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

For Christmas, I was given a 'Benefit 12 days of Christmas' advent Calender from NYC, and as promised I have now used all the products, so will share my thoughts them. Firstly, I have to say I was so impressed with all the products inside, I thought they may have held back from placing the really expensive products, but they still had some of the well-known products, most of which I had never tried before. Although, they were small sized, they gave me an idea whether I want to buy them after its finished. 

After Christmas, I always feel a bit down, as all the excitement is over, and the diet begins, however, I had a little treat each morning from this calendar which was so lovely!

Here I list of all the amazing products included:

Hoola Ultra Plush
This is a really nice bronze lipgloss. I have worn it with a smokey eye look, and it smells really nice!

Ohh la lift
I really like using this, I have noticed a huge difference it makes to my under-eyes. I feel like I look a lot more wide awake, even if I don't feel it!

Total Moisurisure facial cream
I have really enjoyed wearing this in the morning before I apply my foundation. It is quick drying which I like so doesn't feel greasy on my skin.

Bad Gal Lash
I had never tried this before, and thought that a mascara couldn't get any better than the 'They're real' mascara. I was wrong, It is very different, but a good different. My eye lashes look a lot more natural which is nice, so I probably wouldn't wear it on a night out because I like a bit more volume, but for daytime its gorgeous! 

The POREfessional
I heard a lot about this product but have never tried it. It feels nice when I apply it, but as I haven't got large pores there isn't a huge effect, other than the fact it smoothes on the skin. 

High Beam
I absolutely love this!! I will definitely buy more when I finish this one. I had never tried liquid highlighter before, and I really like it. I haven't decided on the best way to apply yet though, I cant decide whether its best to use my finger or a brush?

Watts Up
I already own this, and love it. So having a little one is great as it fits in my bag if I need to top up in the day or on a night out. I love the champagne colour of it, and feel that you only need a tiny bit to highlight the cheeks.

They're Real
I also already own this and love it, as I previously blogged about it in the post below, however, this one I got in the calendar was in brown, which I really like. I always thought brown showed up less than black, but I'm impressed with how the brown looks - it makes the mascara look a bit more natural as I am a brunette. 

Sugarbomb ultra Plush
This is a nice lipgloss in a more pinky colour. Again, it smells and tastes really nice and is quite long lasting!

Lollilint
I haven't used this much, as I like another blush that cam win the calendar more. Its interesting using a liquid blush, I think thats something I need to get use to. It can also be used on the lips, I haven't tried that yet, but can imagine it would look great, I'll try that tomorrow!

They're Real Remover
This is a great product, it feels very luxurious on the eyes. As eyes are the first part of the body to age (so say), it's important we take care of our eyes. I feel this product does help our eyes, as its better than scrubbing away at our eyes with cheap makeup wipes!

Rockateur
This is gorgeous. The colour really suits me and my skin tone. I'd highly recommend this product! 

Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to hear in the comments below, 

Lots of Love, 

Izzy



SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I really need to try more Benefit products, I think High Beam needs to be first


    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are such nice products :)

      Delete
  2. This seems like a pretty good quality calendar!
    -
    stethoscopesscrubsandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Benefit Christmas calendar is one of the products I would like to try the most. It's definitely got to happen for next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should get it next Christmas, it was amazing! x

      Delete
  4. such a lovely idea! love all the products from benefit :)

    www.jaya-sanghera.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same, Benefit is such good quality :) xx

      Delete
  5. Woah! What a truly awesome advent calendar, how very very impressive! Sounds like you got to try some really great products and I really like the sound of the Ohh La Lift product! I am pretty keen to try that one out - I haven't actually heard of it before!

    Xx BrandITGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes you should definitely try it :) x

      Delete
  6. I loveee Benefit products! Have you tried Roller Lash?! Its a miracle product, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No i don't think i have! I'll have to give that a go, I really love Benefit, so i'm sure i'd love it! x

      Delete

I would love to hear from you x

© Travelling Through My Twenties | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig